FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Wellesley Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, London, UK [Master Thread]
Old Apr 26, 2017, 5:24 pm
damon88

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bhrubin
We stayed last Oct at the Park Tower and had SNAs clear to a Panoramic Suite. It was a very disappointing suite and a disappointing stay on many levels. I'd never stay there again. To me, it's just a very nice Sheraton masquerading as a luxury hotel. It is not a luxury hotel at all.

If I were you, I'd cancel the SNAs and book immediately for the Wellesley. SNAs pending for more time at a property which is extremely disappointing aren't worth wasting there IMO. I'd much rather take a chance for the Wellesley now based solely on the photos and its far more impressive design and equally good location.
We've actually stayed at the Park Tower 4 or 5 times and have had a pretty good experience. I agree that it is not comparable to our favorite Luxury properties, but they have typically treated us well. We like One-o-One and we like the views (we have always enjoyed staying on higher floors) We may be sentimental too, since it was the first hotel we ever stayed at in Europe. The location is awesome, near to shopping, near the Tube and since we plan to dine at Dinner by Blumenthal- we like being able to just walk across the street.

We are intrigued by the Wellesley though, and it may be time for a change.
We will definitely check it out on this trip.

My husband hates changing hotels (PTSD I'm afraid from my early days in the hotel game when we qualified on stays instead of nights If he wasn't so averse I would split our stay 2/5 since we are there for 7 nights, but he would kill me. I most recently made him hotel hop last year qualifying for the Dashboard challenge and although he enjoyed trying new places he was not a happy camper.

I'm one of the few SPGers (I think you may be another) who has had total success with my SNAs clearing. I will report back after our stay (not until October)