FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cost for some award tix increases by up to 70% due to fuel surcharge
Old May 12, 2004, 11:28 pm
Sydfly

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Folks.... price increases are not good... but please, lets not forget that the price of Oil is now $40. Airlines are already in financial dismal as it is, what do we want them to do...?
I tell you what I want them to do...cover all surcharges on our award tickets which they impose on us. Is that too much to ask for? I'm (sort of) happy to pay for the airport taxes, but why the hell should I pay for the fuel which is priced into the airfare itself. If they start doing that why not eliminate airfares alltogether and simply charge 50 different surcharges such as food surcharge, toilet use surcharge etc. ...you get the picture. All those costs are part of my airfare and therefore, they should not be charged for award tickets. Period.