FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unions voted down recapitalisation plan [Merged future of Alitalia thread]
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:49 am
AlicorporateUK

Originally Posted by rje444
Thanks for answering. Yes, unfortunately I used Alitalia MilleMiglia points (transferred from American Express).

And if I lose the flights, I will lose all those MilleMiglia points, too, won't I?
A very unfortunate situation but a tiny safety anchor could be represented by the fact that the loyalty program is essentially owned by Etihad, who could take the lead in re-accommodating passengers and similar other tasks. The Italian consumer protection's agency (Codacons) has already warned that they will be challenging the airline to make sure that points are safeguarded, even in the event of collapse but, in Italy, this would merely translate in a hopeless and prolonged court case, where most people would basically lose their will to live before any settlement is reached. Apart from seeing what's going to happen in tomorrow's ops board, would you perhaps consider to get re-booked on a Delta service connecting in either Paris-CDG or Amsterdam? Or I'm sure you would also easily find some availability on Air France/KLM, still via CDG/AMS.

G