FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Montreal Est; Quality Inn - avoid at all costs.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 3:17 pm
HomerJ

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Montreal Est; Quality Inn - avoid at all costs.

First and last time staying at this property (I did so as a client was very nearby and didn't want to fight Montreal's notorious traffic)....what an error.
The small stuff first.... toilet ran all night, can smell cigarette smoke in my non-smoking room, beds are like rocks.
The big stuff..... the bathroom door locks you out!
Got up at 3:00 AM to relieve myself...couldn't get into the bathroom.
Went back to bed but couldn't really go back to sleep.
So in the morning I call the front desk....no surprise response from reception....it's obvious this has happened before.
10 minutes later the maintenance comes up with the correct tool so that I can come in and finally use the toilet and get my meds.
The fact that the maintenance person didn't need any explanation and came up with the exact tool needed to fix the problem tells you they’ve know about this problem before but have done NOTHING to fix it.
So I decide to bring this matter to the managers who's response is basically "what do you want me to do about it?".
Second… the traffic noise is unbelievable. Whoever designed this hotel put it at 90 degrees to the highway so no matter which side of the building you stay on you will be hearing trucks, cars, truck brakes and sirens all night through the obviously not updated windows.
So if you like sleep and the ability to use a bathroom in your hotel stays...then give this place a miss.