FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice train VIE-PRG
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:20 pm
EmailKid
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by the810
Yes, but that's the old version of the website and e-shop, not the new one I was referring to.
As long as at least three years ago I met Americans who bought intra Czech Republic tickets on their smart phones and showed the phone to person checking tickets. It may have been even earlier, but that was the last time I was in Europe. Don't know if this works for intrernational, such as it is.

Originally Posted by :D!
Oh I see, if you choose English it just sends you to the old site automatically. The old site is also very easy to use and I think I prefer it to the new site...
For whatever reason I was using Engish web site and on more than one occasion it kicked me to Czech version. Not a problem for me, but it could be for many.

FWIW, Renfe did the same thing to me, and while my Spanish isn't the greatest, still managed to get my tickets online. The high speed rail tickets are DEFINITELLY better bought early, as the cheap tickets sell out .... at least for Renfe, don't know about the others.

You can also buy your train ticket in Vienna when you arrive for a day you wish to travel. I don't speak German, but didn't need it in Vienna.