FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Samsung S8 -- Who's in?
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:03 pm
WIRunner
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by murtaza12
@WIRunner

Received my S8 plus today. Fantastic phone, first impressions were just me blown away.
Pictures don't do justice, seeing this in person is just.... I'm speechless.

Anyway, I turned mine on, set it up, noticed a minor bit of red tint near the status bar on top, upon setting it up however, there was a 664 MB software update, after installing that, going through it, tinkering with the phone how I like, it reduced a bit, and with a dark theme enabled, it's barely noticeable. You can only see it on very white / bright backgrounds, and I feel that it'll be completely fixed in the upcoming software update.

Either way, doesn't bother me. I love the phone.
Oh, it is a gorgeous phone. I absolutely love the looks of it. I just don't like the phone. I really wish there was some sort of edge on it, even a slight lip, or a matte finish to something on the sides, just to offer some sort of friction.

I had a software upgrade on "launch day" that killed the Bixby remap. It didn't change the display. I'm on build NRD90M.G950USQU1AQD9 and the April security patch.

But for a $750+ device, any sort of display issues is simply unacceptable.

Edit: I was going to keep using it until tomorrow when I returned it. However, it has locked up several times to day, and has reset itself 3x today. Definitely not going to miss this device.

Last edited by WIRunner; Apr 25, 2017 at 2:58 pm