FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No more soft block for OWE AND soft block for cash coming very soon? (perhaps?)
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:29 am
intuition
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by kauppias
So I was checking in for my AY flight this morning and asked politely for soft block of the seat next to me No go but the lady mentioned also that soon I can buy this service as its being introduced as a pay add on!

Hardly surprising, since they've been clear on ancillary revenue being "the future". They will try to monetize anything and everything possible.
And since "soft block" isn't something that really exists it is easy to add it to the list of paid services. It's not like they are making a previously free perk into a paid service, they are introducing a new paid service.

And no. Soft-block does not currently exist. Here is me in 9A, a pre-selected seat, checking in as sequence 1. Seq1 means that this is the raw seatmap as it was when it was handed over from Altéa to departure control. Why is there someone in 9B?
Attached Images