FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2017
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:48 am
nicolas75
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Crowne Plaza Brussels - Le Palace

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Not as good as it used to be

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest advance rate with breakfast, and received an Executive room facing renovated Rogier square

How are the rooms?
Around 25 sqm
Elegantly design
Comfortable bed.
Small but elegant bathroom with bathtub.
Flat TV with massive selection of international channels
Nespress coffee machine
Fast wifi
Very quiet
Free minibar (but not informed at check-in)

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- Convenient location, next to Rogier metro station (direct line from Midi train station)
- Good breakfast
- Friendly and efficient staff at check-in/out

Bad:
- Many maintenance issues (unplugged fridge, remote control out of service preventing me from turning off the TV, towel dryer bathroom heater out of service, damaged lamp next to the desk with a burnt light bulb, worn rug, one dirty towel, clogged sink, shower head full of tartar, mold in the bathroom)
- The service at breakfast was truly horrible (inexperienced and not smiling staff who spent more time complaining to each other rather than being helpful)
- More serious: the door of the breakfast room (which is an emergency exit and which allows to reach the terrace) was very difficult to open (several people did not succeed, despite multiple initiatives), which constitutes a safety problem in the event of a fire. I reported it to the staff who was not concerned by my request

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Hotel is rather cheap, but definitely did not meet Crowne Plaza standards during my last stay.

Pictures of the city

Last edited by nicolas75; Apr 25, 2017 at 10:15 am