FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bedbugs at Airbnb
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:02 am
Finkface

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Just stayed at an AirBnB and discovered bed bugs all over and bites all over my skin. I was very shocked that AirBnb was willing to cover my costs for washing everything in my suitcase and replacement for an item that couldn't be washed at had to be thrown away.

I've been asked (automated) to leave feedback for my host and been told that my host has already left feedback for me, but I can't see it until I leave feedback or until the feedback window closes.

The host doesn't have any other feedback pertaining to bedbugs so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt since they were a great host otherwise and having feedback that says the host had bedbugs in their home would probably kill their bookings, but I'm afraid my host left me very low feedback because I reported the bed bug issue and I won't be able to see it or do anything about it especially even after leaving them positive feedback. I don't use AirBnb much so if the host left me a 1 star rating it would lower my average rating significantly.

How should I handle this?
Why not message or email the host saying exactly what you said here and asking him what feedback he left for you?