FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA: SFO-HND $570 April 11,850 PQM (4.8 cpm)
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:55 pm
DrewGzy

Originally Posted by 94010flyer
I did a similar SFO-PVG-HND-SFO run with less than 12 hours at each stop. Booked on united.com with no problems, then when I went to check in online, it directed me to check in at at the airport. At the check in counter, the agent said she was having trouble getting the boarding passes to print, and thought it was because my stops were all less than 12 hours. Finally, after about 15 minutes standing at the counter, she ended up canceling one of the legs, and re-issuing the ticket for that leg, and then was able to print out tickets for the whole itinerary.
That's interesting because nobody could print my boarding pass either! After my fiasco with the TWOV I ended up in the airport without a boarding pass (got to SFO on a separate itinerary). The help desk people weren't able to print my pass and the agent at the front desk at the lounge couldn't do it (but let me in to keep the line from growing). The agent inside the lounge was able to print the pages by logging into my UA account and printing the hard copies.

Originally Posted by 94010flyer
The only real hiccup was in Shanghai........At that point, I asked the traffic director agent to tell me where I was supposed to go, and he sent me to the "special situation" counter in the dead center of the immigration counters. The confusion seemed to be (as much as I could tell without understanding all the conversations, was that as originally scheduled, I might have needed one kind of TWOV stamp, but because we arrived late, and was now leaving only a couple hours later, a different TWOV was needed at all.
After going there, I finally got processed after standing in line for an hour!
When I went through the TWOV line was closed and they sent me through the regular line. They had to call someone over to look over my information and approve the TWOV but I was only there for 10-15 minutes.