FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sept. 2016: Another passenger "ripped" from her Business Seat
Old Apr 24, 2017, 12:15 pm
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by hughw
It's just getting worse for UA. Conceivably, the seat was needed for a FM, but she said there were empty seats that she could have been moved to. And to give her a $750 voucher is adding to the insult.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/24/united-...-of-the-plane/
That has to be perhaps the worst photo I have seen. It makes me think she is badly hung over, or worse....

But the take away is not anything about her, or her experience, it is that it is now open season on United in specific, and more generally airlines. ^ AA appears to have recognized this, United, not so much. ...

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Since when does it cost points and $500 to move into E+?

Story doesn't add up IMO. Unless she confused upgrading to business, then upgrading again to first.
I think this is what happened. My understanding is that many of the EWR-LHR routes are on 3 cabin 763s. So (a) she paid for Y, and then upgraded to J with miles and $500 (sound right to me) (b) at the airport she upgraded J to F with $$$, and was in 1B (a GF seat). My understanding is that you are not technically allowed to do this - double upgrade. I can see some over-entitled EWR GA playing god, seeing the double upgrade and sending poor smack addled teen to Y. Probably more likely than not.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 24, 2017 at 12:38 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote