FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm going to start using the FA call button. Why not?!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:19 am
AlwaysAisle

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I am wondering about this call button situation. How frequent is an incident of FAs instructing passengers not to use a call button for non-emergency situations?

As my handle says I am an aisle seat guy, and I like to stretch out on long flights. Pretty much I do is to walk up an aisle and ask FAs whatever I want, hence I cannot recall when the last time I actually used a call button was. It is my personal choice, it has nothing to do with what I think a call button is for.

I understand that on U.S. airlines often those call buttons can be ignored by FAs. But I have seen in the Main Cabin passengers on a window seat using a call button and asking for a drink or something and FAs are complying with the request. Likely passengers on a window do not want to disturb passengers on middle and aisle to get out, and have to do same when come back.

I am not saying that FAs instructing passengers to not use a call button for non-emergency situations do not happen. I am wondering if this is frequent thing of it is rare thing?