FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Executive Lounge Stops Serving Dessert 20 Minutes After Dessert Hour Begins
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:02 pm
sinfonia

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
It was the Marriott Houston Medical Center, but I was satisfied, overall, with the property - the associates were accommodating, helpful, and friendly. In fact, I was also impressed with their hors d'oeuvres in the lounge because they really were almost more of a dinner than hors d'oeuvres. Every night, they had salad, grilled vegetables, cheese, crackers, and then at least two entree sort of dishes like chicken, shrimp, or beef. So, overall, the lounge was good, but the dessert just seemed odd because the first day was as described and the second day, I heard the attendants telling people during dinner to come right at 7:30 for dessert because it goes very quickly and they only put out five trays. I did go that night at 7:40 PM and there were maybe six to eight more desserts left total.

I guess part of why I was surprised is because this property has 26 floors, so it is a considerable size - it's not like a six-floor property, so I would think they have enough elite guests to perhaps warrant more desserts that last longer.

Last edited by sinfonia; Apr 23, 2017 at 7:30 pm Reason: Added content