FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Executive Lounge Stops Serving Dessert 20 Minutes After Dessert Hour Begins
Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:40 pm
sinfonia

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Executive Lounge Stops Serving Dessert 20 Minutes After Dessert Hour Begins

I recently visited the executive lounge one night exactly 20 minutes after dessert was to be served. Dessert was to be between 7:30-9 PM and I arrived at 7:50 PM (since I saw that dessert was not put out exactly at 7:30 on the dot the previous night and that would give them time to get it out and set up). When I arrived, there was nothing left. I asked the attendants if more selections would be coming out and was told that there would be nothing else for the rest of the night. Matter of factly, I was told that they put out five trays and that was it. When they are gone, they are gone. I was surprised because the dessert was only out for 20 minutes at most and it was to go until 9 PM. Their "trays" are really just regular plate size and not by any means full. I had had a particularly grueling day and pretty much all day long, was looking forward to getting dessert in the lounge (even just one of their peanut butter cookies), but also realized that this really was not the end of the world and I would live without dessert or could order something from their Fresh Bites menu.

I am wondering: is this a common occurrence that has happened to others? I have never experienced this before and wondering if this is standard protocol to run out in 20 minutes and call it a night for dessert.

Last edited by sinfonia; Apr 23, 2017 at 7:15 pm