FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:33 pm
joecool1885

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by ScubaRoo
Snorkelled at least once every day of our 12 night stay, most days in the water for 3 hours. Had we stayed for twice that amount we might have had a day off lol!

Could easily have stayed another week. In my recent review I touched on chats we had with the regular repeat guests that we bumped into, most of them were on 15+ night trips on points..

If we had more time...
Laze by the 2 pools reading a book.
We'd would have probably done a boat trip if Whalesharks had been sighted.
I'd have done more than one mornings diving as well.
Would have liked to take a catamaran for a spin too.
And the Jet Skis looked fun..
And maybe pinch an ebike to take for a spin from the SWVs to the RWVs.

SR
http://TripRep.WordPress.com
"Snorkelled at least once every day of our 12 night stay"... and you want an equitable detailed comparison of the Park Hyatt reef from me!?!? :-D ... I didnt see 99% of the things you saw at Conrad, I snorkeled the house reef at Conrad a single day and a single day at the Hyatt. At Conrad I saw some spotted rays and manta rays and a single turtle. Reef sharks as well (when they were chumming them). At Hyatt I saw none of that except non-chummed Reef Sharks swimming in bait balls of fish. So frankly I was more enthralled at Conrad. But my SO is a diver who's been all over. She noted as MF noted the deadness of coral at Conrad vs beauty at Hyatt (she also dove both house reefs).

I am very, very white, and I sport a goatee.. and my sinuses are poor in general. Snorkeling is nice for me here and there, but Ive got a lot going against me.

Not saying re the amount of time that I couldnt go back (definately want to hit both resorts again) but 10+ nights all at once in the same small island might be too much for me.