FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A trip to Denmark with the "new and improved" BA business class......
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:57 pm
stu1985

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
So after a few hours in my own flat, it was time to head back to ABZ for the early morning flight to London. I timed it brilliantly as by the time I was through security, there was only 5 minutes left until boarding - bonus!

Sunny on the take off from Aberdeen!

The curtains were closed between Club Europe and economy - something I am still getting used to on a domestic flight - and the breakfast was offered. Choice of full English or vegetarian. Being a lover of meat, I went for the full English.

It doesn't look like much on the plate, does it? I think that there must have been feedback to BA because on my most recent morning flight, a yoghurt had also appeared on the tray with a pot of jam. Anyway, it was nice and I washed it down with a glass of fizz which was very nice! I then enjoyed the scenery on the way down to London...

And my favourite approach over the city of London - never gets old.

I had just over three hours to kill in Terminal 5 so headed to the First lounge where I had some more fizz and some nibbles. The time flew by and it was soon time to board. I was like a kid at Christmas because I was excited about going back to Denmark again.

Hot towels were handed out while we were at the gate - I think that there were only about 5 of us in Club today.

We were right at the opposite end of the airport from where we were taking off so did the tour of Heathrow before we were cleared to depart.

So. The choice for food today was either a tomato and mozzarella panini or a chicken and prawn salad. I went for the salad given that I had one of the paninis the previous evening. Now bear in mind that before the changes, I would have got a hot lunch on this flight to Copenhagen so I wasn't exactly best pleased with the "new and improved" catering..... There were 3 thing slices of chicken and ONE prawn cut in half to make it look bigger.

I do like the bigger mugs that they have now though. I managed a few whiskies with my coffee....

Slowing down coming into Copenhagen.....

I was first off of the plane and through passport control in no time and into a taxi to my hotel - the Crowne Plaza at Copenhagen airport. I was doing the Accelerate promotion so used this stay as a way of getting some extra points.

Check in was unmemorable and I made my way up to my room on one of the higher floors.

I pottered around for a while and visited the lounge for a few free drinks between 6 and 9. I was tired given that I had been up late the previous night and travelling all day so it was a very quiet night. Ate in the hotel restaurant and managed a few espresso martinis....

And then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by stu1985; Apr 24, 2017 at 3:40 am