FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:50 am
chuck1

We just stayed there as a Globalist in a 2 bedroom suite.
It was a really a living room with a connecting room with 2 double beds.
The staff is all very nice. The breakfast is also quite lovely. More like a quite decent brunch. Rooms were also spacious. Car valets were prompt too.
Kids loved the flow rider.
Before 4pm, it was $35 per child for an hour. You had to book it and you got it to yourself. My 3 kids reserved it each day 11am-12pm. After 4pm, they took up to 20 people for $25 for up to 2 hours so there was a bit of a line but not too bad.

A few negatives.
-We were assigned an 02/04 series room. It was right over the entrance so no view at all. In fact, I kept the blinds closed most of the time. The hotel didn't seem busy so I was surprised we were assigned these rooms.
-Hotel charged resort fee but these were removed when asked.
-Hotel didn't removed complete breakfast fee but these were removed when asked.
-Wi-fi was very spotty. Their excuse was lots of business travelers.
-One side of the pool area bar/food service was closed off. This meant a lengthy trek for any kind of food/beverage. I guess this was because if was mid-week and not a lot of tourists by the pool.
-One day lots of mosquitoes by the pool which they said happens sometimes. And when I say a lot, I mean we were covered with bites.
-Some of the decor is getting a bit dated but not too bad

Overall a good value especially if you are in that region.