FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX A350 - Economy Seat Comfort?
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:44 pm
KrazyTrain18

Programs: Marco Polo
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
I had my first flight on the A350 at the beginning of the month (HKG-LGW) and I thought the seat itself was really good. Amazing legroom, good recline, good attention to small details (iPad holder, cup holder e.t.c.). I am pretty big, but did not feel uncomfortable and this seat was certainly one of the best I have tried in Y. The wifi also worked faultlessly throughout the flight and it never disconnected, was fast and reliable. $19 is a bargain for such a long flight, so I was surprised that I have not seen anyone around the cabin using it.

That said, there were a few annoying aspects of the aircraft itself:

-Toilet lighting. On all the aircrafts I am familiar with, the toilet lighting only switches on after you lock the door. On the CX A359, the light is constantly on, so when the cabin is in the sleeping mode (cabin lights off) and someone opens the toilet door, the light annoys everyone in the cabin.

-I always knew it, but never actually paid attention to this: what is it with CX and personal ventilation??? We need it.

-The 787 solution to windows is much better. Avoids situations when one person out of 300 decides to raise the window shade and wake the whole cabin up. It's especially bad on those mornings flights when the sunrise hits you. On 787 you can still see the outside world, while not annoying the rest of the folks.
Agree on the Electronic dim feature for the 787s, one feature that works quite well.