FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel out of Shampoo
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2017, 7:16 am
Redwoodw

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The gift shop should also have toothbrush and toothpaste, but I suspect that the shop was closed unless it's one of those open pantry thingies beside the front desk.

However, for the toothbrush, IMO it depends where the hotel was located. They're standard in some places such as Asia but not in the USA. Shampoo, however, is basic and I would expect it in just about any hotel room, even Motel 6 type properties. It's not a luxury item at all. [This isn't meant to be a comment on the relative importance of the items, just their traditional frequency of being supplied in hotel rooms.]
FWIW it happened in a FS Marriott in Asia Pacific. What I find most disturbing is how the hotel handled the situation. They couldn't have cared less about the guest's experience. I felt like I had to beg for everything and the only time I've heard a "sorry" was when I was told they're out of toothbrush tonight, not to mention an apology. Growing up in Asia Pacific, my perception of anything more than a mid-tier hotel would be toothbrush coming as a standard. Perhaps my perception was wrong in this case.