FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KL0651 AMS-IAD Cancelled?
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:10 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sophthecorn
Thank you all for your very helpful replies.

I have another question. They rebooked me via Paris with Air France instead, except the layover was very long. Almost 9 hours. Thankfully my plane leaves soon, however I was wondering do they not need to provide with any short of voucher for forcing me to stay in Paris for 9 hours without that being my choice? I obviously had to eat and spend money and I feel like they should have at least given me the typical voucher they offer. When I asked for one they said they can't offer any. Do you think it would be worth to claim the money I spent at the airport back? It's obviously not that much and I don't honestly care but it did annoy me how they took zero responsibility.

I also don't understand why they didn't remove their cancelled flight from their website. Like up till 5 mins ago the flight was "scheduled for departure in 18 mins" and it ONLY just got cancelled. Until yesterday I could actually book the same flight on their website even though it was cancelled days before.

I hope they're not as shady when I claim the 300E compensation.

Once again thank you very much for all the help.
9hrs ???? Where were you coming from ?