FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:27 pm
tom911
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by wolf72
And there are no unions in RBA. The manager and staff in questioned would have been brought before a management tribunal after an investigation was carried out and they would have been named in the media.
Well, glad I'm not an airline employee in Brunei. Doesn't sound like airline employees there would have the level of protection/legal representation, airline employees have in the U.S. Just not sure of the need to publicize airline employees name immediately and who, exactly, that benefits. If I was the employee,and had followed written protocols, I would not want my name out there while a police investigation and internal investigation might still be underway.

If Mr. Munoz hadn't offered his support, the UA gate agent may very well have been in need of union appointed legal representation. She still may need legal help, which UA should provide as her employer, on any civil cases going forward.