FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Information guide for BA shorthaul economy services
Old Apr 19, 2017, 4:37 pm
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by YClass
They really should just have a simpler menu for ultra short haul. Give everyone a chance to get something.

Not sure whether a simpler menu, in itself, would be the solution ; although I agree it could perhaps help in ensuring that everyone who does want something to drink and/or eat actually gets served before the familiar prepare-for-landing chime.

I think the more fundamental problem is that very little thought, seemingly, went into the planning, logistics and implementation of BoB overall. The driver was more about saving money than how efficient the service to passengers might be, and there was a reluctance to learn from LCC's who've been at it from day one and who therefore have it sussed.

Earlier this month I took a short Air Asia sector. It was only 1hr 25 min block time (and on the day took about 15 mins less ..... Singapore /Kuching). At booking stage you could pre-order a hot meal. I can manage very happily without food on such sectors, but decided to test out the system. Just 15 mins after take-off I was presented with my selected dish of kabali vegetable biryani, which had cost me the grand total of 4 Sing dollars, with free cup of mineral water included on the tray. This was all on a near-full A321.

If you're sufficiently motivated & focused as an organisation - and if the culture is there - things can be made to work.