FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pay-with-Points flights. BUSINESS Centurion 50% refund, Plat 35%, Gold 25% (2015-23)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:28 am
DaveH

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
First, she should receive an email with a subject line like:

Congratulations! Your flight redemption qualifies for the 50% Airline Bonus

The time for the actual points rebate to post seems to vary from one day to several weeks. The terms state: Extra points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account approximately 6-10 weeks after charges appear on your billing statement.
I am seeing odd MR behavior in the last week.

Bought two tickets on April 15 on AS (my designated airline for the Business and the Personal platinum card) using personal platinum and paying with points. As of today, April 19, the point rebate has yet to post back. I took this up with chat, and they responded with:

"Effective April 11, we have updated the Airline Bonus Benefit to ensure that only elligible transactions are bonused. All bonus points will now be awarded and posted within 10 weeks after the filght redemption in order for the elligibility to be verified and the bonus points to be deposited."

Are others seeing this new lag? I'm guessing it was caused by people paying with points, then cancelling the flights so as to treat the credit as cash...

Another odd bonus issue: bonus points from > $5K charges to Business Platinum, and to all charges on Blue for Business, are nowhere to be found. Charges that posted on a Blue for Business statement April 16 on a statement closing April 17 still show up neither as pending, nor as posted as of April 19.

It makes me wonder if there is some hold or glitch on my MR account, but Amex says that's not it..weird.

Anyone else seeing similar behavior?