FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CitiŽ / AAdvantage + Citi Prestige Card
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:21 am
NJFlyer_HOHO

Programs: AA Platinum, Pro, Marriott Platinum, Sonesta Preferred
CitiŽ / AAdvantage + Citi Prestige Card

I would like to hear from you guys what I need to do with my CC situation. 1) Stay with Prestige; 2) Get rid of Prestige and get AAdvantageŽ Executive World Elite; 3) Keep my Prestige and Open AAdvantageŽ Executive World Elite; 4) Something else?

Maybe a little context...

I just moved from Boston to Philly. So right now, I do not have any status with any airline. But since Philly is AA Hub, I can foresee that I will eventually get some kind of lowly status with AA since I fly AA up and down the NE corridor (PHL-BOS for work) and occasionally further (for leisure).

When I was in Boston, I opened up the Citi Prestige card and have collected ~100K rewards points already. I have enjoyed (barely) the AC access, especially when I travel PHL-BOS every other week. It has been nice to at least have a place to work on my computer while I eat some free snacks.

I have not been able to take the 4th night "free" hotel benefits yet and I have not used the free golf benefits since I don't really golf all that much (no time).

Since access to AC is the only thing I reap the benefit from the Prestige card, does it make sense to keep the Prestige card since Citi will be getting rid of that benefit?

Let's me tell you what my goal is by collecting all these points... I was hoping to collect enough points (some day) to redeem at least 2 J class tix EWR/JFK - HKG in the next 12-18 months. That was my hope when i signed up for the Prestige card.

Here are my questions then...

If I keep my prestige card (without the AC access) and just use it to do my day to day purchase and occasional travel, I think I can get there with enough points for my HKG trip. But if I open up the citi AAdvantage card and pay the $450 annual fee, just so that I can access AC and some occasional day to day purchase as well. So when I redeem my points for EWR/JFK-HKG via citi, can I combine the points from Prestige and citi AAvantage card?

So that brings back to my opening statement... What is a good option for me? Keep prestige, rid of prestige and open citi aavantage, kept prestige and open citi aavantage, or something else?

Regards,

A very confused CC user