FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FT BA Flight Simulator Outing to Heathrow [UK] – 20/27 October 2017
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:13 pm
BoeBus

Programs: BAEC Gold, BA Amex PP, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by danielbk
Since I do this every 6 months (bit without the ability to play and not fear for my license) I'll rather sit this one out if I can't do a double, but, happy for you to please bear me in mind in case you have cancelltion, similar to last year.

Last year I ended up being everyone's co pilot because the A320 captain assigned go us simply did not know the 744 well enough (or how to operate the sim) and I believe my one hour paying ended up benefiting everyone in my session.

In any case happy to stay on short stand by incase space is available after hard firm up and it works as long as I'm available.
Sorry to divert from the main thread topic but I really have to add some balance to your commentary on the pilot. He was hugely helpful, highly knowledgable and most of all tolerated your contradictions on what some of the SOPs were (on the 767). It was without question, him and all of the other pilots who generously gave their time who brought the most benefit to the session.

I won't go in to the details of some of the slightly cringe-inducing moments that caused some exchanges of raised eyebrows, but suffice to say exercising some humility is such an important aspect of CRM.

Thank you to all the pilots and looking forward to another excellent evening.

Last edited by BoeBus; Apr 17, 2017 at 7:21 pm