FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:08 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Forgive me if this has been discussed already. I'm afraid that I'm not up to reading 395 pages of this thread which isn't exactly light reading so I'll just ask my question. Why do you all think United didn't shift some of the blame back to Republic? After all, it was the Republic flight crew that chose to play eenie meenie miney mo on who was bumped and it was the Republic flight crew who called the authorities in. It was also Republic flight crew, not UA flight crew, that they were bumping to transport. I realize that UA Express was the flagged carrier, but this event could have easily happened on a Delta or American flight given that all three contract with United. I'd think that all this "I'm never flying United again" crap could have been shut down if people understood that they might encounter this airline flying Delta or American as well.
The GA was a UA employee. She's the one who handled the pathetic VDB attempt and then the IDBs. She also apparently was the person who called for the police to come. The police were called by UA, not Republic.