FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:37 pm
prestonh

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by BearX220
Not in my experience. Too many of these people are irrational, vindictive, confrontational.

We keep talking about UA's problems being tied to restrictive policies and procedures. But the airline's horrible reputation is in large part due to front-liners freelancing their own senseless and brutal problem-solving procedures.
In the pre Smisek era, I had amazing work done by several service directors and shift supervisors involving reroutes, bp codes, ticket reissues, etc. The brains are there, just no freedom to do it anymore is what I gather. But yes the vindictive GA's are more prevalent now and I have learned to keep my head down and do everything to avoid interaction with any of that wildlife lest 'I learn a lesson'. A GA in EWR threatened to call security on me when I was boarding in group 2 and said I needed to check my carry-on. I said there was no way it was full yet and I was the first one she asked (not even half the pax had boarded yet). But I was informed if I did not check my bag I would be denied boarding and met with security. Of course when I got on the plane half the bins were empty and I was steaming but what are you going to do?