FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't book award flight because all cards declined
Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:27 pm
RealHJ

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by country_boy
Delta customer service tells me Delta requires a street address and number- unfortunately my card is billed to work and we don't have a street address (our E-911 and USPS address lack a street name/number.) One of the delta supervisors helped me figure out a fake address that had enough of the actual address to validate, and still had what looked like a street address to it (even if the street is non existent.) She told me they do that for lot of military guys whose address is building XXX.

Never had a problem with other airlines, hotels, vendors etc. Nor does Delta have a problem when they receive the reservation electronically.
Yes, and online it'll work on delta.com, just by phone it won't as DL has tied their phone reservations reps hands behind their back by not allowing them to handle such situations (DL simply didn't bother to put in any handling for such a case, the new buggier than ever res system simply hangs; it's a well known bug that DL hasn't bothered to fix for years; impacts esp. a lot of international pax - but then again DL always makes it clear that it just wants to be a small regional domestic airline in how ignorantly and inconsiderably it does so many things... ).

One workaround is to get a phone rep to put the reservation together. Have them end it (save it). Then load it up online and see if you can complete the purchase it and ticket it online. That will often (not always) work.