FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:13 pm
Rdenney

Programs: Air: UA (Gold), AA, WN, DL; Hotel: Hilton (Diamond), plus all the rest
Originally Posted by dvlsadvc8
I must have an agenda because I believe, as disgusting as you find it, people should comply with law enforcement? His case could have been persued in an alternate venue, without incident (just like the three passengers who deplaned earlier).

In answer to your question, yes, I have previously worked in the airline industry, not UA, but this could have happened with any of the commercial carriers. So, in fact I do have insight to how this unpleasant process unfolds. And I'm so glad you are interested in my account status., and you? Am I to assume you have an agenda? You wouldn't be an attorney, would you?
People should indeed comply with lawful requests from bona fide cops, whether or not they are legally required to. But as I think back on my long, law-and-order-supporting, politically conservative life, I cannot find anything to suggest that cops are any less likely to abuse their powers as anyone else. I also cannot find any reason to believe that a person behaving lawfully in a civil disagreement should fear the application of force on behalf of those with whom they disagree. That is the difference between a nation of laws and a police state.