FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:09 pm
Mamibear

With all the bad rap I've read about Chase being very strict, I'd be curious to find out if OP will let us know how Chase treated that $200 cash whether they wrote it off and categorically told him not to worry about it and officially terminate his relationship with the bank. IF, however, they are true to form, they will probably charge compounded interest on that $200 since they're aware it is a cash advance transaction. Will they compute it from start date when the $20K was charged to his wife's card? OR will cash advance interest charge charging from the time HCU reversed the $19,800 leaving OP's debt down to $200?

From my own personal experience, when I did a trial deposit to a prepaid card (I was hoping it'll post as purchase) using Chase FU and I forgot to set my C/A limit to it's lowest amount, it posted as cash advance I called to request to waive the fee of $10 which rep did but she told me that until the full amount of THAT transaction was paid, daily interest will be charged. Right then and there, I paid the full amount to stop the interest. This is why I'm curious to find out how Chase will handle OliverB's case.