FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:55 pm
no1cub17

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DrPSB
Or ... they allow gate agents to offer real inducements that people will agree to instead of resorting to the threat of bodily harm when there is a need to free up a seat.
Hadn't checked this thread in a few days, but I see in the wiki that another passenger volunteered to give up their seat for $1600? That is insane if true - because that means UA could've gotten out of all of this for a mere $800 more in monopoly money? Wow. Just wow.

Do the GAs not have any ability to call a supervisor (who can call their supervisor) to get an extra $800 authorized? I mean holy [moderator edit] - that is unbelievable to think about - this 300+ page thread exists merely because an hourly employee at a corporation with a market cap of over $20 billion didn't have the authority to print another $800 in funny money. Damn.

And has this passenger done any interviews? I would've called every major news outlet offering to do an interview if it'd been me. This is just nuts.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Apr 13, 2017 at 6:01 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.