FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tourist visa transfer from old expired US passport to new One.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:48 pm
jasamenp

Yesterday I sent an e-mail Mr. Ravi Sunder, who is a deputy secretary with Indian government India. Today I got a an e-mail from CKG that Indian consulate do not allow transfer of visa from an expired US passport to new passport. CKG site does not mention this. I am attaching the message I received from CKG representative. "
Jessica Shaw (Passports and Visas.com)
Apr 13, 12:54 EDT
Sorry about that unfortunately they do not transfer the ones stamped in your passport. The ones that can be transferred are the E-visas that are good for 30 days because those are just electronically attached to your passport number.
Best regards,
Passports and Visas

My question to CKG why do not update your online site to reflect this change. CKG site shows section which leads one to tourist visa transfer. I really upset that although Mr. Modi promised to make really easing getting Indian visa fro smooth, the bureaucrats in consulate office runs the business as usual. This is because no one checking their performance, whether they are serving Indian community or not. The last time I took me more than six months to get tourist visa.