FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Man pulled off of overbooked flight UA3411 (ORD-SDF) 9 Apr 2017 {Settlement reached}
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:14 pm
FriendlyTravelor

Forgive me since I haven't read the entire thread. Venting...

What drives me a little crazy including some of the pilot's wife defense comments (positive space? Then why were customers already seated in allocated positive space for crew?), I thought airlines take care of these issues BEFORE boarding.

Then, if we passengers panic, we can pace, get a glass of water, call someone, express frustration, we can do it in the gate area and no need for the airlines to forcibly do anything to anyone. I don't think panic is all that odd a reaction and whether it's a funeral or perhaps an life threatened patient we need to tend to in the morning, a little humanity would go a long way.

Humanity is lacking in much of UA (can't speak to other carriers) and not just here. They just got caught.

I love UA, I'm a former employee. I hope they use this to start being the best in the business on treatment of (supposedly) their reason for being: passengers.