FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YYZ AC Delays - Runway Construction - April 7 2017
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:55 am
D404

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
AC out of DCA today. Departure delay of 1 hr due to runways in Toronto.....

So a whole bunch of people and go to find something to eat in the hellhole that is DCA terminal.....

And then AC announces, 'oh, wait, we're going'.

Like, this will go well.
I actually missed my YQT-YYZ(-EWR) flight the other day because of this. I'm not proud of that . My BP printed with a 1 hour delay due to YYZ GDP, the agent told people, etc. Phone buzzed. 1:10hr delay. Buzzes again. 1:20. Buzzes 5 more times going back and forth between 2hrs and 1:50hrs. Talked to the agent and she said we're definitely not leaving any time soon. So, living 10 minutes away from the airport, I went home for a bit. Bad call. The flight left on time, missing a bunch of people who did something similar to me. The app didn't buzz my phone with the updated (on time) departure time until 20 minutes after it was wheels-up. This was the last flight of the day, and the next morning's flights were already cancelled. Flew PD YQT-YTZ-EWR the next morning, arrived early.

I accept this is technically my fault, but I can't help but roll my eyes at the ridiculous way the situation was handled.