FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you feel unsafe or as though your safety is vulnerable on a United flight?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:50 am
H3A3H3

Do you feel unsafe or as though your safety is vulnerable on a United flight?

To me, whether one likes or dislikes United Airlines is not the issue, my question is do you feel unsafe, or as though your safety is vulnerable on United Airlines?

Taking all other variables away (hijacking, adverse weather, equipment failure), etc.), I'm curious if anyone else feels uneasy about getting on a United Airlines aircraft, for fear that their safety is compromised, and that they may be in harm's way? I'll be entirely honest, I do (I do not believe that United Airlines, as an organization, has the analytical infrastructure, capacity, and culture to make decisions that are in their passenger's best interests). The extent of the systemic defects that have surfaced in the United Airlines organization, since Dr. Dao Dao was hauled off of UA #3411 like a subhuman sack of mail, have me wondering how vulnerable the traveling public is on United Airlines, who's next, and if the response of United's CEO was what it was, and his subordinates are likely to follow the leader, what's next? I don't know what it would take the US Government to shut an airline down, on the basis that it is a threat to the public's safety, ? limited to FAR's, but it strikes me that when the US Government put Air Marshals on planes, they put Air Marshals on planes to ward off or paralyze hostile acts against the United States; I wonder, does the job description of the Air Marshal Service need to be broadened now to include warding off and paralyzing hostile acts by an airline to its passengers? 9-11 was a game changer; was April 9, 2017 another game changer in aviation safety in the United States?

When it comes to American Airlines, for example, I DO HAVE that comfort level, and do not feel unsafe or vulnerable.