FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA personal Platinum Uber $200/year credit (2017-2019)
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:28 am
dhodory

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Platinum
Horrible, horrible AmEx Platinum experience this month. My AmEx platinum is THE only payment methodology in my Uber app. Took two trips on April 1st, but could not select the Uber credit in the app (it was there, visible, but nothing happened when I selected it).
Called AmEx today to inquire as to where my credit was (as I was billed the full amount on my AmEx statement) and they gave me a 30 minute run-around with four (count 'em) different CSRs, none of which explained anything to the next CSR, and only one of which spoke english as their primary language. They kept passing the buck telling me it was an Uber app problem (which it very well may be). Ultimately, for a card with a $450/year annual fee, I expect better service, more "ownership" being shown by the CSRs in question and in the final analysis, I expect them to fix the issue, not pass the buck to Uber.
Given the increase in annual fee (for my next renewal in 2018), has me thinking I should maximize my benefits this year - travel credit, Rewards points, credit for Global entry/TSA pre-check -- and then move on to another card.
Has anyone else noticed a bit of a dip in the quality of service provided by the phone CSRs? They used to be so good. They weren't particularly fast, but when I called, I always felt like they would resolve whatever issue I was having.