FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost business fall-out from Flight UA3411
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:10 pm
erlich

Originally Posted by kenn0223
+1 ... The guy got roughed up. What about all the "innocent" people who die every year at the hands of Chicago Police? Why don't the companies cited in this thread prohibit their staff from traveling to Chicago? People need to get a grip. What happened was stupid and shouldn't have occurred but "tragic"? Give me a break.

As far as the boycotts; If people are going to boycott they should boycott the City of Chicago. The actual aggressor in this situation was an employee of the City and the same City has demonstrated a decades long pattern of abuse of nearly everyone their law enforcement comes in contact with. Instead of walking away from non-refundable tickets why not order employees not to set foot in the City of Chicago? It seems to be a far more effective way to punishing the hands that drew the blood.

If I was United I would be furious at the City for not stepping up and taking more of the heat here. I doubt very much that the agents who summoned the police reasonably expected the guy would be drug out semi-conscious after getting beat in his seat. I am sure they thought there would be some tough talking and perhaps some arm grabbing. The guy doing the removal should be in jail and the City should be standing up and saying THEY screwed up in using much more force than was needed. Instead, they are letting one of their largest corporate citizens stand alone.
That's hilarious. You know exactly why United is taking the heat -- it's because they agreed with the treatment. Until their stock price dropped 5%.