FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounge Access Changes?
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:53 pm
imapilotaz

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Lounge Access Changes?

So I have now had multiple Asian IHG properties (Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza) quote a "recent change" in IHG policy that says that they "can not" give out lounge access for Spire Members unless that member is in "club room" or be sold access.

This has happened in 3 different properties recently and is a huge disservice. Before I would always get lounge access at CP/HI brands internationally as Spire, even if they left me in a regular room. Now I get sold for ~$50 per night lounge access.

Since much of my travel in the past was "small town America" where IHG was strongest, I've been loyal. Over 1k nights over the years. The last few years I continue putting up 50-70 nights a year in them.

But I think I may now be done. As Honors Diamond and Marriott Platinum, it's really hard to stay loyal to IHG when I'm being "shaken down" for lounge access when I get it for free no matter what I book with other brands.

Was this really a recent change from IHG to allow "selling" of lounge access instead of granting it to elites?