FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So how does UA win back the flying public? (Beyond the obvious)
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:00 pm
NickP 1K

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Those saying sacking Munoz is an over-reaction... Hmmmm, same thing was said of a tone deaf exec team at Wells Fargo. THEY don't do the wrong but perpetuated a culture were toxic upper mgmt existed and employees weren't empowered to DO THE RIGHT THING

Munoz needs to step up here and show they are customer focused and the 99% of the employees who are exceptional have nothing to worry about. The 1% who shouldn't be working customer facing jobs need to be pruned, shame that UA even after Smisek is gone feel they don't need to do this. Whomever at ORD as a Supervisor wasn't available to let the GA escalate to them is the problem, whomever that Supervisor reports to is part of the problem, etc, etc. 10+ years ago UA agents were VERY empowered to fix issues and could even get ground transport paid for if they couldn't fly all pax. Now it's still the Smisek CFO influence in the exec suite. Munoz up to the task or is he going to blow it off and do nothing till another issue happens?

Disclaimer: I flew 20+ years as a 1K for UA, haven't flown them in 3+ years due to similar issues of un-empowered employees unable to fix issues when they stranded me MULTIPLE times. Switched to AA and never been stranded ONCE - they may not be perfect but they've never left me hanging