FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delayed flight compensation with Singapore Airlines
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:32 am
herriebo

Programs: LX M&M FTL, Aegean Gold, Mabuhay Miles Platinum
Delayed flight compensation with Singapore Airlines

I am trying to claim delayed flight compensation with Singapore airlines as I took a flight with them from Zurich to Bangkok (via Singapore) that in the end arrived more than 6 hours late.

After some initial lies that EC261/2004 was not applicable in my case as my ticket was issued in Bangkok, they changed their story, offered me a bottle of wine, and basically told me that:

As per our current understanding, for flights departing out of a city in Switzerland, passengers are not eligible for a compensation claim of EUR 600 resulting from a flight delay.

Nevertheless we always abide by the decision of Swiss FOCA with regards to application of EC261/2004 regulations. As part of the escalation process, where passengers are not satisfied by our decision on this topic, there is a form as attached below which you can fill up to escalate this matter to FOCA.

Upon FOCA’s review, we will abide by their decision.

When reading EC261/2004 I only see that it explicitly includes Switzerland and Norway as well - does anyone have any experience with this, and/or knows the exact situation?

I will file the case with FOCA as they suggest - I am just surprised that they seem to be so stubborn.