FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PresidentialPlus credit card - Benefits, Q&A, .... (impact of 2019 & 2020 MP changes)
Old Apr 9, 2017, 9:54 am
Xyzzy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by UAzip
THIS. The Flex PQMs are unique and big. The PQD waiver for just having the card is huge. If they made it only effective if you spent $25,000 a year, it would be manageable but less nice, but if they got rid of the waiver, it would probably kill the card.
For some of us the "Flex" PQD are pretty much worthless. I can't give them to friends in need and I can't even turn them into RDM. As a 1mm flyer who is a lifetime member of the club I get the card for $100/year. As the FPQM can only be used to get to Platinum, when I hit 2mm (relatively soon) they will be completely worthless. I've been using my Chase Sapphire Reserve since it was introduced and should likely drop this card -- can anyone thing f a reason I shouldn't -- particularly after I hit 2mm? Maybe I'm missing something.