FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA may start BoB in Y longhaul!
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:11 am
BA6948

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
Next time I fly F, if there's a flower in the toilet, I'll borrow it and take a walk down the back for all to see

I believe it's inevitable that BA will got the BoB on LH Y route.
At the very least, I would remove it for overnight flights and I don't feel it's that necessary to be eating on a plane from 9pm onwards - ample time for most to have eaten somewhere else. It's not hard to being snacks and if you have a family with you, I would expect some experience of being prepared.

I'm sure to a lot of people it's little more than some distraction from the flight in the sense it either gives them something to do or "it's free so I might as well eat it".

It may also help with people wanting to sleep as with the talk about CW meal changes.

We all know it's cost saving rather than the welfare of the passengers, but if phased in properly rather than dumped on people in one go, it may work well or it may just push those who fly on price and perhaps a few bonus trappings, elsewhere (although there's always plenty of more Y travellers where they came from).
I think you should join the Alex Cruz team. He'll absolutely love you.

What about passengers connecting from other EU destinations on a short connection time to those 9PM flights? They would have started their journey mid/late afternoon. Some of them would not have even had the chance to enjoy a percy pig bag. And what about high paying Y fare passengers?

If BA does that, they'll just lose a big chunk of their Y Business Travelers. They won't put it up with this cr$p anymore.