FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Raw cookie dough in carry-on bag?
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:32 am
coolcoil

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
I often carry food in my rollaboard, as I live in South America and bring home goodies from the USA that are hard to get here. I don't think that I've carried cookie dough in the rollaboard (though I have brought here several times). However, I do bring soft cheeses (e..g. brie) that have the same consistency. It always gets through, but often it arouses the curiosity of the scanner operator and my bag gets pulled aside for a check.

I recommend that you do one of two things:

1) Pull it out of your bag to be scanned separately. The TSA people have told me that it's not that the food is a problem, just that they can't tell what it is on the scanner.

2) Check your bag if it won't cost you anything. The only reason I carry mine with me is that I usually have a longish layover in MIA, and I don't want it sitting for a long time in the heat. If you don't have a connection, then that's not a problem.

There have been scattered reports of TSA not allowing food items at certain airports at certain times, but it has not been a problem for me.