FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt opens up Globalist Challenge.
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:19 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by shustedm
I had asked about one last September over the phone and the representative incorrectly signed me up for what was a challenge only supposed to be for employees of a specific company (without my knowledge as the representative did not say this). I completed it (15 nights in 90 days) in December and was given Diamond Status to be converted to Globalist. However, in February, Hyatt found out that I was incorrectly enrolled in the challenge (again I did not know it was only supposed to be for specific companies as the representative told me she had a challenge open for me to enroll in) and that I was therefore losing my status after having given Hyatt plenty of money. They offered me a measly 15,000 for the inconvenience. I escalated this to Jeff Zidell to no avail. It would be one thing if I deceived Hyatt and told the representative I was an employee of the company when I wasn't, but this was their fault.
This pretty much tells you everything there is to know about the great new World of Hyatt.