FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visiting Gibraltar in early October?
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:42 pm
HalconBCN

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Analise
With Gibraltar in the news about its future, I've been seeing so many reports especially when I was in London last week that I'm getting more and more interested in visiting Gibraltar. My idea is to fly to Heathrow on Delta (Terminal 3) and then take BA also from T3 to GIB which would get me there in the late afternoon on a Wednesday and leave on a Friday to LHR.

I want to see the WWII tunnels, the top of the Rock, Europa Point, and the town itself. I have no interest in renting a car and I'd like to stay in Gibraltar and not have to deal with crossing the border 2X/day.

Does anybody have recommendations about hotels? Has anyone gone to Gibraltar in early October? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
October is a good time to visit Gibraltar; not too hot, not too cold.

You can see the place in one day: it is TINY. The monkeys are interesting. The people are an interesting mix and they speak Spanish with an Andalucian accent. Yet the food is much better (and cheaper) on the Spanish side.
If I were you, I would fly into Malaga or Cadiz and factor in a day trip to Gibraltar. Don't spend all your money in this tax haven!