FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta and Virgin Atlantic Partnership
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:02 pm
alextril

Originally Posted by SkyMilesTeam
Hello FTers! I am very excited to announce details around our recently approved partnership with Virgin Atlantic. Starting July 3rd, enjoy the best U.S. to U.K. travel experience through our new partnership. You will be able to take advantage of more flight choices, premium onboard amenities and added loyalty perks, including an expanded network featuring additional nonstop service to the U.K., complimentary access to the award-winning and luxurious Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses for BusinessElite or Upper Class passengers and Diamond or Platinum Medallion members and the ability to earn and use miles with Virgin Atlantic.

When flying Virgin Atlantic, Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion member benefits will enjoy the following benefits: Priority Boarding, Check-In, Security and Baggage, plus baggage fee waivers.

Visit delta.com/virginatlantic to learn more about the new best-in-the-business travel benefits.
I've spent over an hour on the phone with the Diamond Medallion line and we can't find a single flight with upgrade availability on Virgin Atlantic nor can the agent or supervisor provide any details on what flights or routes would even be eligible for upgrades. When we couldn't find upgrades on the specific SFO>LHR route I wanted, I literally said I am willing to book any flight where there might be upgrade availability and they still couldn't find a single flight in 2017 with availability. It's tough for me to see the value in this if there is no actual opportunity to use the GUC's on this route.

@Delta @SkyMilesTeam is there a specific set of routes that are eligible? Is there a process to get these upgrades?