FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel within walking distance of MD Anderson
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:59 pm
sinfonia

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Hotel within walking distance of MD Anderson

I am traveling to MD Anderson and will not have a car. I will need to take a shuttle to/from the airport or be able to walk. I will be traveling by myself and so would like something in a safe area. I have status with Hilton, Marriott, and Starwood so probably prefer any of those.

I booked the Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center but after reading Yelp reviews, am really wondering if I made a mistake, so I am still looking for a hotel. The reviews state that the shuttle service is unreliable (but I will definitely need it after a procedure one day) and that the hotel is generally in a very poor state.

Is there a suggestion for a better option that still meets my criteria (within walking distance, shuttle, safe)? Or should I expect that most hotels in the area are similar? I think that something like Hilton Americas is going to be too far.

It is a long story but I am currently staying in a Marriott property and will continue to be registered at it, and since I cannot earn credit at two Marriott properties at the same time, it would probably be easiest if I stayed at Hilton or Starwood. However, I am open to other hotels if they are recommended.

Thank you.