FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, YYZ, Canada [Master Thread]
Old Apr 6, 2017, 12:28 pm
unclepants

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
Originally Posted by kaaria
Need some help please.

I am coming in on an overnight flight to YYZ and will be in town for only 12 hours 7am to 7pm on a weekday on Westjet from LAS.

I have a BRG rate of $142CDN at here Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre and a $185CDN BRG at the Sheraton Gateway. Both rates are plus taxes and include 2000 points for the BRG.

The plan is to arrive, get an early check in, rest a few hours, then visit my family with a rental car. Come back and fly out at 7pm.

If I stay at Gateway, I will not incur any parking charges saving me about $15. So in reality it would be $157 vs $182 so about $30ish including taxes.

Which is the better Sheraton to stay for the few hours I am going to be there?

The benefit of the Gateway is it is in Terminal 3 where Westjet arrives and departs (not sure about the immigration area though) so it would be a quick in and out. Additionally, when I get back to the airport, if I get there too early I can go to the room to freshen up.

The Conference center advantage is $30CDN and from the comments a nice club lounge.

Thanks for your help.
I've stayed at both many times and both are great properties. In your situation, I would use the Gateway, just for simplicity, and the fact that it, too, has an excellent Club Lounge, with one of my favourite attendants. The convenience of Gateway - right across from T3 - is hard to beat.