FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences 2017
Old Apr 6, 2017, 10:33 am
Steph58

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
IC Presidente Cozumel Resort

IC Presidente Cozumel Resort

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 7 nights here with a combination of points, Ambassador weekend cert, MC free night. So bottomline 1 paid night (lowest category "pool view").

How are the rooms?
Outstanding, one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever stayed in. Newly decorated, received 1 level upgrade to ocean view, 2nd floor balcony. Room was located at the far right (looking toward the ocean) of the property. Long walk to lobby, restaurants, pool, but it was quiet and full-on ocean view. Close to marina, so watched the scuba/snorkeling boats come & go.

How is the exec. lounge? None

What was good and what was bad?
Pro:
- Three restaurants with very reasonably priced delicious food, and lots of choices, variety. Better meals here than in town.
- Beautiful, warm infinity pool. Sandy cove for ocean swimming.
- Impeccable service
- Location far enough away from town, but not too far ($7 taxi ride)
- Plenty of loungers, palapas/shade, good poolside service, clean poolside bathrooms, easy listening music but playing softly (if you don't like it move further away and you won't hear it)
- Adults only pool if kids at the main pool bother you.
- Resort was not crowded even during this high season; no waits for anything
- Bank ATM machine (hidden) that gave honest exchange rate. Pay for taxis in pesos
- Gorgeous room (2nd category from bottom), bed so comfortable and the pillows were like clouds/marshmallows!

Con:
- Rates were incredibly high, plus 20% additional tax/fees. Comparable with Hawaii & other Caribbean resorts. Too high for Mexico IMO.
- No Ambassador welcome gift. First they told me the fruit was the gift, then they said it was a free movie. Didn't matter, I just appreciated the 1 level upgraded room on my mostly unpaid stay. They also mentioned they "didn't have to do it" but they would. Could have done without that comment.
- Planned to get a massage at the spa, but the prices were way over the top.
- Initially no phone, menu, spa info, mini bar in room. On second day asked front desk if they had room service & how do we order it? He was shocked to hear no phone in the room. But they brought all these things quickly.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Definitely would return using 40K points/night. Would not pay the $400+ lowest category rate. Big variety of room choices/prices, to go up one step from the bottom was +$100 and the rates climbed from there. Nicest IC I have ever been to, all things considered--it will be hard to find better (and I've been to Hong Kong).

Last edited by Steph58; Apr 6, 2017 at 10:39 am