FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wheels Up benefit for Inspirato members
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:22 pm
ray1022

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by WhyPrivate
Thanks Ray,

This is great news, as the wheels up membership is VERY expensive in my opinion. Though i'd like to sample the aircraft.

Sure, the King Air 350 is nice and new... but 4250/hr with 2 hour minimums mean less than 2 hour trips on this airplane are much more than if using a broker and sourcing a light or even midsize jet.
The King Air is actually a great plane - surprising for a prop. Inside you really don't feel the difference vs. a light jet.

I believe the minimum is only 1 hour. That's what they told me a little while ago when I met with them. And their FAQ on their site state "...We do not require or charge a daily minimum, though we do have a one-hour minimum per flight segment. "

I'd love to chat more based on your research. I've tried to get quotes from brokers for short hop segments (i.e. Teterboro to Cleveland, for example) and it is usually slightly more expensive than what Wheels Up would charge for the segment in a King Air.